英语中有不少通俗用语和习惯表达可以使你在参加社交活动 socialising 时游刃有余。这个#英语小测验#考查你对英语邀请和回复邀请的语言掌握。
1. Which of these sentences is an informal invitation to socialise?
a) Can I invite you to have dinner with me this evening?
b) Would you care to join me for a meal this evening?
c) Do you fancy going for a meal this evening?
d) Would you like to have a meal with me this evening?
2. What does the phrase ‘get a bite’ mean?
a) Go for a drink.
b) Go for a quick meal.
c) Go for a long formal dinner.
d) Go to watch a film.
3. What is the best informal acceptance to an informal invitation?
A: Fancy getting a bite this evening?
a) Sure. Why not?
b) Thank you that is very kind.
c) I should be delighted.
4. What is the best formal acceptance to a formal invitation?
A: Would you care to join us for dinner this weekend?
a) Cheers. I’m well up for that.
b) Sounds great. I’ll be there.
c) Nice one! See you there.
d) I’d be delighted to. What time should I arrive?
5. What is a formal way to ask this informal invitation?
“Do you want to swing by my place tonight?”
a) Would you like to visit my home tonight?
b) Would you like to go for a drink tonight?
c) Would you like to go for a meal tonight?
d) Would you like to see a concert tonight?
6. Which is the best way to formally decline a formal invitation?
A: Would you care to have dinner with me tonight?
a) Sorry, let’s take a rain-check.
b) Tonight’s no good for me.
c) I don’t really fancy it.
d) I’d love to, but I’m afraid I’m busy tonight.
1) c, 2) b, 3) a, 4) d, 5) a, 6) d.