1. When meeting new people you can ask questions about their lives. Like this:
Where were you __________?
a) brought up
b) grow up
c) taken up
d) caught up
2. You can also ask about people’s family life.
Do you __________ with your sister?
a) get over
b) get well
c) get by
d) get on well with
3. A: Why don’t you talk to Kate these days?
B: We have __________ each other. We had a big argument last week.
a) fallen through
b) fallen out with
c) fallen for
d) fallen behind
4. A: I see you and Katy are friends again.
B: Yes, we went for a coffee and ___________. I’m glad we are on good terms again.
a) made up for
b) made for
c) made off
d) made up
5. When making new friends we can ask questions about their lives.
A: How long ___________ in the UK?
B: It will be two years this summer.
a) will you live
b) have you been living
c) did you live
d) were you living
6. We can invite new friends to spend time together.
A: Do you want to come over and ___________ with me on Saturday?
B: Sounds good. See you then.
a) hang out
b) hang over
c) hang up
d) hang on
1) a, 2) d, 3) b, 4) d, 5) b, 6) a.