当前位置: 发现  >  双语美文  > 正文

It was one busy morning in those rush hours

那是一个忙碌的早晨,正是早高峰时段

when I hopped into the bus heading town to run some errands,

我刚跳上公交车的门槛,准备进城去办事

I sat next to some guy his name was Musa.

一个男子坐在我的旁边,他的名字叫Musa

He said hi and I replied with a smile

他对我打招呼,我回之以微笑

and our conversation began from there.

我们的交谈从从这里开始了

We talked about a lot of things

我们谈到很多东西

particularly about life and work

特别是关于生活和工作

and he just began complementing my natural look.

接着他就开始赞美我质朴的打扮

He said he was impressed with how natural I was,

他说,我天生丽质的容貌让他眼前一亮

am a kind of girl who keeps it all natural,

我是那种不饰铅华的女孩

no make up and I always keep my African natural hair as it is.

我从不化妆,头发也总是它最自然的样子

So Musa said those words genuinely

Musa的赞美十分真诚

and like any girl would, I felt good and appreciated

我十分开心,我想所有的女孩都会这样

even though it was from a stranger.

即使那些赞美出自一个陌生人之口

In the back of my mind I knew he would then ask for my number as most guys do

我心中暗暗想到,他一定会探问我的电话号码,就像大多数男孩会做的那样

but we reached the end

可是我们的邂逅很快告一段落

and said goodbye to each other just like that

我们只是对对方说了再见

and I have never seen him since then.

从那之后我再也没有见过他

So what am trying to say here is that

此刻我想要说的是

sometimes people aren't always as thought of by the society,

有时人们并不像社会舆论惯常以为的那样恶劣

so keep seeing the best in people instead of assuming worst things about them.

与其假设他们是无恶不作的坏蛋,不如试着看到他们身上最好的品质吧!

文章来源:沪江英语

photo by adeolu-eletu on unsplash

精彩推荐