当前位置: 发现  >  双语美文  > 正文

A few years ago,

几年前

when I was going through the deepest point in my depression-

我深陷抑郁症中,正度过最黑暗的时光

my living situation was abhorrent,

我的生活状况非常糟糕

I had no car,

我没有车

no license

没有驾照

and barely enough money to get by.

甚至没有足够的钱继续生活下去

All of this was because of the choices I made

所有这些都是因为我做出了一个错误的选择

but I couldn't seem to find my way out.

此时我却无法悬崖勒马

I was riding the bus home one day from work

有一天,我下班乘公交车回家

when an older woman sat across from me

一位老夫人坐到我斜前方的座位

and struck up a conversation.

与我攀谈起来

She asked me

她问我

if I took the bus often

是不是经常乘坐公车

and I replied with a yes.

我回答说是

She told me

她又告诉我

how she had just lost her job

她刚丢了工作

and that she wouldn't be needing her bus pass anymore

所以不再需要她的公交卡了

and offered it to me.

她要把它送给我

This woman had zero knowledge of my current situation

这位老夫人对我当时的处境一无所知

and on one of her worst days,

在最艰难的日子里

she still found a way to be kind to someone else.

她仍找到方法,向其他人表示友好

It touched a part of me I had forgotten about

我内心深处某个被遗忘的角落受到了触动

and it's an experience that will stay with me forever.

这段经历我将铭记终生

I think about her sometimes

我时常会想到她

and hope she is doing well.

希望她一切安好

文章来源:沪江英语

图片来源:高品图像

精彩推荐