- Investigations continue into Paris attacks 巴黎袭击事件调查仍在持续
- Football fans pay Paris tribute 球迷悼念巴黎恐袭中遇难者
- Traffic chaos at APEC summit 亚太经合组织峰会引起交通拥堵
Police have conducted more raids in the wake of Friday's attacks in Paris. They say a second man, a ninth attacker, may be on the run. The investigators have also been examining two buildings in the Paris suburbs they believe were used by the attackers.
Wembley had never seen anything quite like it – armed police on patrol amid a massive security operation – this a legacy of the events in Paris. Four days ago fans were amongst those targeted in the attacks, now despite inevitable anxiety, more than 70,000 came to support and to remember. French values and French colours lighting up the home of English football.
World leaders are gathering in Manila for the APEC summit, and with increased security it could make the city's traffic even worse. Manila's gridlocked roads are symptomatic of the significant infrastructure problems in the Philippines and vast amounts of time are lost and huge amounts of pollution generated by the capital's crawling traffic.
on the run 窜逃
legacy of 遗留，引发的后果
inevitable anxiety 可以理解的焦虑
symptomatic of 表明，显示
Use one of the words or phrases from Lingohack to complete each of these sentences. Note that you may have to change the form of a word or phrase to complete the sentence correctly.
on the run / legacy of / inevitable anxiety / symptomatic of
1. There was ________ about swimming in the sea again after one man had his arm bitten off by a shark.
2. The popularity of drinking tea in the UK is a ________ the days of the British Empire.
3. The strike is ________ the poor working conditions that exist inside the company.
4. We were told to look out for a dangerous man who had broken out of prison and was _______ .
1. There was inevitable anxiety about swimming in the sea again after one man had his arm bitten off by a shark.
2. The popularity of drinking tea in the UK is a legacy of the days of the British Empire.
3. The strike is symptomatic of the poor working conditions that exist inside the company.
4. We were told to look out for a dangerous man who had broken out of prison and was on the run.