- UK vote on Syria air strikes 英国议会投票表决是否空袭叙利亚
- US to deploy special force to Iraq 美国在伊、叙部署特种部队
- Facebook founder giveaway 脸书创办人捐股份
British politicians are going to decide today whether to back air strikes in Syria directed against Islamic State militants. A ten-hour parliamentary debate is going to end in a vote on whether the UK should join the US-led coalition that is bombing the extremists.
The American Secretary of Defence Ash Carter says US special forces will be deployed to help fight IS in both – Iraq and Syria. Mr Carter said the ground troops will carry out raids, free hostages and capture IS leaders.
Facebook founder and his wife – they've pledged to their new baby daughter to give away 99% of their shares to good causes. How much is that? That'll be $45bn .
extremists / raids / pledged
1. An air _______ on the Italian port of Bari during World War Two led to the deadly release of mustard gas.
2. Mr Jones is very generous. He's _______ to donate his massive book collection to the schools in his neighbourhood.
3. The _______ have been storing weapons to attack the capital and impose their views.
1. An air raid on the Italian port of Bari during World War Two led to the deadly release of mustard gas.
2. Mr Jones is very generous. He's pledged to donate his massive book collection to the schools in his neighbourhood.
3. The extremists have been storing weapons to attack the capital and impose their views.